Juliette became the secretary of the Intergroup in February 2018. She has worked with several human rights NGOs, focusing on women’s rights, migrants and refugee rights, and LGBTI rights. Just before joining the Intergroup, she was working with ILGA-Europe.
Juliette holds a Bachelor in Law and Political Science from Lyon 3 University (France) and a master degree in International and European Human Rights Law from Strasbourg University (France). Interested in the potential of gender-awareness for combatting discrimination, Juliette completed her training with a double master degree in Gender Studies from the University of Hull & the University of Utrecht.
Previous Intergroup Secretaries include
- Evert Jan Jacobsen (June 2014 – March 2018);
- Bruno Selun (November 2009 – June 2014);
- Maris Sergejenko (April 2008 – June 2009);
- Kim Smouter (September 2006 – July 2007);
- Catrine Norrgård (December 2005 – June 2006);
- Oscar Ortiz-Nieminen (September 2005 – March 2006);
- Rosa Santrich (2002 – 2004);
- Hein Verkerk (1997-2001).
The position is funded by the Presidents of the Intergroup.
The LGBTI Intergroup may welcome fellows to conduct research on topics related to its work. Research fellows should be funded by their university, school or government for the entire course of their stay. If interested, send us an email through our contact form.