Public hearing on Lithuania’s homophobic law and Baltic Pride
29th April 2010 1234 0 0
On the 29th April 2010, the Intergroup on LGBT Rights hosted a public hearing at the European Parliament. The hearing, Freedom of expression and assembly: The case of Lithuania’s Baltic Pride, was well-attended and gathered 5 panellists.
- Leonidas Donskis, Member of the European Parliament for Lithuania (ALDE)
- Juris Lavrikovs, ILGA-Europe
- Veronica Scognamiglio, Amnesty International’s European Union Office
- Rokas Žilinskas, Member of the Lithuanian Seimas
- Mantas Adomėnas, Member of the Lithuanian Seimas
The panel was chaired by Michael Cashman MEP, Co-president of the Integroup on LGBT Rights. The panel was tweeted live.
A full report of the panel debate was compiled by UK Gay News.