Job opening: Intern
The Intergroup on LGBT Rights is looking for a motivated and resourceful intern to join its team in September. The person will work full-time from the Intergroup’s secretariat in the European Parliament.
Founded in 1999, the LGBT Intergroup promotes the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people throughout the work of the European Parliament and the European Union.
It currently gathers 154 elected Members of the European Parliament from 24 Member States and 6 political groups, and acts as a hub between MEPs, civil society and other European institutions. It is run by six Presidents and a full-time secretariat.
The Intern will assist the day-to-day running of the secretariat, and report to the Secretary and Presidents of the Intergroup. Main responsibilities will include:
- Follow parliamentary work in committees and plenary
- Draft press releases, letters or newspaper columns
- Draft briefings, summaries and parliamentary questions
- Help organise seminars in the European Parliament
- Maintain the Intergroup’s online presence (website and social media)
- Coordinate work with the Intergroup’s six Presidents and their staff
A full professional profile and details of employment are included in the job description.
Applications must be received by 12.00 (noon) CET on Monday 22 July. All candidates will be informed of the outcome of their application.