Trainee wanted: apply until 30 January
Are human rights your passion? Do you want to make the European Union an #LGBTIQFreedomZone? The LGBTI Intergroup at the European Parliament is looking for a trainee to join our Secretariat.
About the Intergroup and the traineeship 🏳️🌈
The LGBTI Intergroup is an informal cross-party grouping of 157 Members of the European Parliament, headed by a Bureau composed of 6 MEPs from different political groups. Its daily work is managed by a Secretary General who coordinates cross-party initiatives to uphold the human rights of LGBTIQ persons. As a trainee, you will assist them in their daily tasks (e.g.: drafting and coordinating LGBTIQ-specific amendments to resolutions and reports, drafting written and oral questions to other institutions, organising events, consultations and meetings with relevant political actors, among others). Since you will be a trainee in the European Parliament, you will be required to reside in Brussels for the duration of the traineeship, which will provide you with an opportunity to see how the Parliament works up close.
What will you do? 🚀
- During the traineeship, you will provide organisational and administrative support to the Secretariat.
- You will help draft letters, amendments to reports, written questions, briefings, voting lists, press releases and other documents that may be of help to the MEPs and the secretariat.
- You will help the logistical organisation of meetings, trips and events.
- You will coordinate replies to MEP requests.
Who we are looking for 👀
- You are passionate for human rights and in particular the human rights of LGBTIQ persons. You want to contribute to cross-party parliamentary work to raise awareness on their need and effect change for the community at European level.
- You have an interest in European politics and affinity with the human rights standards applicable in the European Union and wider European region, including but not limited to European anti-discrimination law, European case-law in both the European Court of Justice and the European Court of Human Rights, European standard setting bodies and European Parliament and Commission documents related to the matter.
- You have knowledge of and experience with organisational support and can work well with Microsoft Office and Excel.
- You have experience in organising meetings and events.
- You have good drafting skills, respectful concerning deadlines and can multi-task.
- You are organised and structured, and handle information with discretion.
- You have a good command of English. Any other EU languages are considered a benefit.
The Intergroup stands for equality and inclusion and strives to be a diverse and inclusive group. Your unique perspective is valuable. We are curious about your personal motivation, competences and experience. Therefore, we encourage all those interested to apply.
What we offer 💚
- A well-rounded traineeship from 13 February 2023 – 23 July 2023 at the European Parliament in Brussels. Starting earlier may be possible depending on the speed of the administrative procedures. Your working days will be Monday to Friday.
- A challenging and instructive workplace, where you will be supervised by an experienced staff member who will teach you about the European Parliament, the work of Parliamentary Assistance and its linkage with human rights work.
- A traineeship allowance of EUR 1.470 per month.
You can apply until 30 January 2023 at 18h00 by sending a motivation (maximum one A4 page) and CV (maximum two A4 pages) in pdf to Miguel.Chambel@europarl.europa.eu with the subject “Application for Traineeship”. Not respecting the prior criteria may result in your application being rejected,
Interviews with shortlisted people will take place in the week of 30 January 2023 in Brussels (or remotely, if not possible in person). For more information or questions about the traineeship, please contact Miguel.Chambel@europarl.europa.eu.